startups in need of funding- these opportunities are for you
Call for Fintech startup to pitch at Lendit Europe
PitchIt, is a competition for fintech startups, taking place at LendIt Europe–one of the largest international lending and fintech conferences in Europe. This exclusive programme will nurture emerging talent throughout the competition, provide selected finalists with unparalleled access to industry experts as well as invaluable exposure, branding and more at the event. From submitted applications, 8 finalists will be selected, from which one winner will finally emerge.
- Funding opportunities via meetings with global VCs and investors
- The ability to have their pitch heard by the international fintech community
- Mentorship by renowned VCs and top accelerator Startupbootcamp
- Valuable exposure through global PR
- Up to £1,000 for travel to LendIt Europe 2017
Deadline for applications is September 4, 2017. If you are a fintech startup, you may submit your application at the website.
DEMO Africa 2017
DEMO Africa is one of the flagship initiatives of LIONS@frica and aims to connect African startups to the global ecosystem. The program creates an avenue for most African innovative companies to launch, showcase and pitch their products to the world. This year, the DEMO Africa Conference will be hosted by the City of Johannesburg in partnership with South Africa’s Department of Science and Technology and the LIONS partners.
- DEMO Africa Startups stand a chance to partake of the $54million estimated investment and business value.
- Network opportunities to investors, possible customers, and industry players are an added advantage.
The DEMO Africa 2017 spans from 23-24 November 2017 in Johannesburg, South Africa. For more information on how to partake, visit the online platform.
Silicon Valley Accelerate Program
The Silicon Valley Accelerate Programme connects emerging technology leaders with the brightest innovators and founders in Silicon Valley. Each year the program accepts six emerging technology entrepreneurs and put them through a five-day leadership accelerate programme in Silicon Valley, where they are given unique access inside some of Silicon Valley’s most innovative and successful businesses as well as insight from the leaders who are helping shape and build multi-billion dollar technology companies.
Terms of Entry
- To enter the Silicon Valley Accelerate Competition your company must be technology focused.
- Only one person per company is eligible for application. The person in question must be Founder or Co-founder of the company.
- The entrant must be in possession of a valid passport and be eligible to travel during April 2018. Furthermore, the entrant is responsible for Visa and ESTA applications in which to be applied for the trip.
- There will be a semi-final pitching round for the Silicon Valley Accelerate Competition. The dates for the semi-final pitch will be announced after the competition deadline date and you will be notified of this if your application is successful.
- The final of the Silicon Valley Accelerate Competition will be held at the Startup Summit on November 1, 2017 and all applicants must be able to attend to be in with a chance of winning the place.
The deadline for application is 22nd September 2017. You may visit the website to begin your application process.